Thursday, October 14, 2010

Top 10 Things I Learned from TwHistory


I've had the opportunity to work on the TwHistory project over the past year and a half. It's been really fun and interesting. I've never been much of a history connoisseur myself, but it's turned me around.

I've surely learned more than 10 things from TwHistory research, but these are a few that come to mind:
  • There was a girl who really would stand at the bow of the Titanic after her nightly escapades.
  • Fort Bridger was just a couple small log cabins.
  • No one really won the Battle of Gettysburg.
  • Never leave the percussion cap on the hammer of your rifle.
  • If you don't burn towns as you march through them, the ladies treat you nicely.
  • Don't tie up the prophet's horse within rope's distance of a sinkhole.
  • If you're considering deserting the army, be prepared to dig your own grave and then be shot in it.
  • Only 3 of the 4 smokestacks on the Titanic were real; the last one was decoration.
  • The best time to raid the enemy's camp is just when they're sitting down to dinner.
  • History can be fun and interesting.

No comments: