In the classroom right next to my office, Chemistry holds weekly departmental seminars, where they bring in experts from around the world to hold lectures. The following are some of the exciting topics recently:
- Tuning Photophysical Properties with ancillary Ligands in Ru(II) Mono-Diimine Complexes
- Meso-Tetraarylporphyrins - Synthesis of, Selective Derivatization, and Possibilities of Application
- Catalytic and Regulatory Mechanisms of Tyrosine Hydroxylase
...and everyone's favorite...
- Nanomolecular Architectures: The Application of Crystal Engineering to Metallodendritic Assembly
Mixed in with all these loquaciously incomprehensible seminar sessions is this presentation coming up in a couple weeks:
- How To Make Your Students Hate You Less If Not Necessarily Love You More
I might just attend that session instead of only eating their treats and going back to my office.